1. What is Neiterfield Park?
Ans: The name of the estate Bingley has rented is Netherfield Park.
2. What is Prince?
Ans: Prince is the name of the old horse that belonged to the Durbeyfield family.
3. Who is Sorrow?
Ans: Sorrow is Tess’s son y Alec d’Urberville.
4. What two cities are mentioned in A Tale of Two Cities?
The two cities mentioned in A Tale of Cities are London and Paris.
5. Who are the two persons who look alike in ” A Tale of Two Cities”?
Ans: Carton and Darnay.
6. How many years did Jane Eyre pass at Lowood School?
Ans: Jane passed eight years at London School.
7. Who represents Pride in Pride and Prejudice?
8. How many Jane Extinguish the fire?
Ans: She brings a basin of water and tries to extinguish the fire by throwing the water over him.
9. What kind of lady was Mrs. Reed?
Ans: Mrs. Red is a cruel woman.
10. What is the name of Tess village?
Ans: The name of Tess village is Marlott.
11. How did Tess die?
Ans: She was hanged as a punishment for murder.
12. Who is Sydney Carton?
Ans: Sidney Carton is an assistant of Stryver.
13. Who is Charlotte Lucas?
Ans: Charlotte Lucas is the eldest daughter in the Lucas family.
14. How many sisters are there in Darcy’s family?
Ans: One sister.
15. In which school did Jane receive her education?
Ans: In Lowood School.
16. Where does Tess fail in love with Angel?
Ans: Tess falls in love with Angel at the Talbothays Dairy.
17. What is the red room in Jane Eyre?
Ans: The red room is the frightening chamber in which Mr. Reed died.
18. How many daughters did the Bennet family have?
Ans: Mr. and Mrs. Bennet had five daughters.
19. what kind of novel is A Tale Two Cities?
Ans: Historical Novel.
20. What happened in Paris on July 14, 1789?
Ans: On July 14, 1789, the revolutionaries attacked the Bastille.
21. Why did Tess murder Alec?
Ans: As Alec has deceived her and torn her life to pieces, she killed him.
22. What is the name of Darcy’s estate?
23. Why was Tess hanged to death?
Ans: Tess was hanged to death for murdering Alec.
24. What is Saint Antone?
Ans: It is the suburb of Paris where the Defarges live. Its residents are extremely poor.
25. How many years did Jane Eyre pass at Lowood School?
Ans: Eight years.
26. Who is the protagonist of Pride and Prejudice?
Ans: Elizabeth Bennet.
27. What is entailment?
Ans: Entailment is a legal term that means a property is bequeathed to a given person (in this
case, a male heir).
28. What is Tribunal?
Ans: It is the court that hears the cases of prisoners. It was very corrupt as most trials are shams.
29. What is Bedlam?
Ans: It is a notorious asylum.
30. Who is Celine Varens?
Ans: Celine Varens is a French opera dancer.
31. What is the Cross- in -Hand signifies?
Ans: It is an object of oil omen.
32. who is the Pilot?
Ans: Pilot is Mr. Rochester’s faithful dog.
33. Write the first line of the novel pride and prejudice?
Ans: It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must
be in want of a wife.
34. Name of the daughters of the Bennet family?
Ans: There are five daughters. They are Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Catherine, and Lydia.
35. Why does Miss Bingley get jealous?
Ans. She gets jealous because Darcy is interested in Elizabeth and ignores her.
36. Who is Helen Burns?
Ans. Helen Burns is Jane’s close friend at the Lowood school.
37. Who are the two persons who look alike in A Tale of Two Cities?
Ans. Sydney Carton and Charles Darnay.
38.What is guillotine?
Ans. The guillotine is the violent revolutionary execution method of choice it is used in
many unjust executions and lionized by the bloodthirsty revolutionaries as a national treasure.
39. What is the subtitle of Tess of the D’Urbervilles?
Ans. A pure woman.
40. What is the red room in Jane Eyre?
Ans. It is cold, quiet, and lonely.
41. What was the slogan of the French Revolution?
Ans. The slogan of the French revolution was “liberty, equality, fraternity, or death.”
42. What is the relationship between Tess and sorrow?
Ans. Tess is the mother of sorrow. So, there is a mother-son relationship between them.
43. Why does Tess write a letter to Angel Clare before the marriage ceremony?
Ans. Tess writes a confessional letter to Angel, telling him of the past, and slips it under his
44. Where do the Bennets live?
Ans. The Bennets live in the village of Longbourn, lying about a mile outside the small country
town of Meryton.
45. Why was Sorrow named so?
Ans. Sorrow is named so to represent the aftermath of Tess’s sin.
46. Who is Mrs. Bennet?
Ans. Mrs. Bennet is the match-making mother of five marriageable daughters.
47. Why did John give Jane a blow?
Ans. He gave her a blow and said that this was her punishment for speaking in an insolent
manner to his mother and for her habit of hiding behind the curtains.
48. Why is Jane imprisoned in the red room?
Ans. Jane fights John like a wild cat. She scratches and bites him. He screams. As a result, Mrs.
Reed sends Jane to be locked in the red- room.
49. How does Jane save Rochester’s life?
Ans. Jane saves Rochester’s life by dousing his bed with water and Mr. Rochester takes her
hand, and thanks her for saving his life.
50. What are heirlooms?
Ans: Heirlooms are the jewels or ornaments which is passed from generation to generation in an
51. Who runs Lowood School in the novel Jane Eyre?
Ans: Mr. Brocklehurst runs Lowood School.
52. Who symbolizes pride in the novel pride and prejudice?
53. Which class does Mr. Collins represent?
Ans: Mr. Collins represents the working class.
54. Who was Tess’ father?
Ans: Jack D’Urbeyfield was the father of Tess.
55. Who was the natural father of Tess’ child?
Ans: Alec D’Urbervilles was the natural father of Tess’ child.
56. Who was Mr. Rochester’s first wife?
Ans: Bertha was Mr. Rochester’s first wife.
57. Who was Madame Defarge in the novel A Tale of Two cities?
Ans: Madame Defarge was the wife of Earnest Defarge. She was cruel, embittered and
58. What is Meryton?
Ans: Meryton is the name of a town in the county of Hertfordshire.
59. How old is Lydia?
Ans: Lydia is 15 years old.
60. Who is Gaspard?
Ans: Gaspard is the father of the child run over by the Marquis’ carriage.
61. Who is Gabelle?
Ans: he is the tax collector, postmaster, and caretaker of the chateau.
62. Who is Barsad?
Ans: John Barsad is Miss Pross’ brother.
63. Who kills the Marquis?
Ans: Gaspard kills Marquis.
64. Who is Sileni?
Ans: Sileni are the gods of the forest who were usually drunk.
65. What is Saint Antoine?
Ans: It is the suburb of Paris where the Dafarges live. Its residents are extremely poor and it is
hotbed and Central point of revolutionary activity.
66. Who is the Jackal?
Ans: Sydney Carton is the Jackal.
67. Who is Miss Miller?
Ans: she is one of the teachers at Lowood School.
68. Why does the Paris mob kill Foulon?
Ans: because she is arrogant and aristocratic.
69. What happened to Helen Burnsurns at last?
Ans: Helen Barnes died of consumption at last.
70. Who is Boz?
Ans: Boz was Dickens’s pseudonym.
71. Who is the owner of Thornfield?
Ans: Mr. Rochester is the owner of Thornfield.
72. Who is Lydia?
Ans: Lydia Bennet is the youngest daughter of the Bennets.
73. What is the name of the house of Mr. Reed?
Ans: Gateshead Hall.
74. What is the significance of Madam Defarge’s knitting in A Tale of Two cities?
Ans: Her knitting is symbolic of maintaining a register of the names of people who are to be
punished for oppressing the masses.
75. What was the original title of the novel pride and prejudice?
Ans: First impressions.
76. What is the name of the bank mentioned in A Tale of Two cities?
Ans: Tellson’s bank.
77. Who is Parsons Tringham?
Ans: He is a clergyman in Marlott.
78. How old is Jane?
79. What is the pseudonym name of Charlotte Bronte?
Ans: Currer Bell.
80. Where is the village of Marlott situated?
Ans: The village of Marlott is situated in the beautiful Vale of Blackmoor in Wessex.
81. What was the original title of Jane Eyre?
Ans: Jane Eyre was originally published as Jane Eyre, An Autobiography.
82. What are Elizabeth’s views on marriage?
Ans: Elizabeth thinks that marriage should be a union based on mutual knowledge and
83. What is the genre of pride and prejudice?
Ans: Comedy of manners.