Subject: Victorian Poetry
- Write on the pictorial quality of Tennyson’s poetry.
- How does Tennyson handle myth and legend in the poem you have read?
- Discuss Tennyson as a representative poet of his age.
- Justify Robert Browning as an optimistic poet.
- Evaluate Robert Browning as a writer of dramatic monologues.
- The poetry of Browning reveals a deep knowledge of the psychology of men and women – Discuss.
- Write the critical appreciation of the poem Dover Beach.
- Discuss The Scholar Gipsy as a pastoral elegy.
- Discuss poetry as the criticism of life.
- Consider Pied Beauty as a religious poem/ Describe Hopkins as a religious poet.
Part B Short:
- How does Tennyson satirize the Victorian Age in Locksley Hall?
- What optimistic belief of Tennyson do you find in the poem Locksley Hall?
- Describe the land of the Lotos Eaters.
- What is the moral message of the poem Oenone?
- How does Browning deal with art and the artist’s life in Andrea del Sarto?
- What philosophy of life do you find in Andrea del Sarto?
- What Victorian quality do you find in Robert Browning’s “My Last Duchess”?
- What is Arnold’s view about Truth?
- How is “The Scholar Gipsy” a pastoral elegy?
- Write a short note on Hopkins’ presentation of the bird in The Windhover.
- What is the significance of the title Spring and Fall?
আরো পড়ুনঃ Victorian Poetry Brief Questions